The use of social media within your online presence is a good way to showcase and promote yourself due to that way that we live in a world dominated by the desire of want to know what people are doing and thinking with us a society glued to our phones to see what the instant news is within social groups. We are a nation of gossip hungry people and all this so found within our social media networks easily and instantly. Therefore the use of these free platforms allow us to really promote what we are doing either in everyday life or within a brand successful due to the way that they are widely used every minute of the day and night. As a result build up views for your product and helping build up a support system for yourself as a designer. Its also key to know that you need to have a professional clean online profile in all area so that people are able to build up a positive image of you as a person and therefore want to follow you/support you or higher you as you give a professional and therefore reliable feeling about you that people will respect and therefore help you go further in the industry as nobody want to work with someone that is going to be problematic, therefore by keeping a clean professional profile it can advance you. The use of an online presence also gives a customer or employee a first image of what your personality is like, therefore you need to keep it professional as first impressions really stick so are everything.
What platforms have I chosen to use
At the moment I am only doing to use the three different platforms stated above as due to that way that I am still studying the majority of my work is going to be uni based with me experimenting my style to find what as a designer I specialise in and therefore posting these on social media showcases my work yes, but it could also be confusing to my audience due to inconsistencies within my work as I am still a developing designer. By only using 3 different networks I am catering for a number of different people (as some may not have certain social media accounts or may use one less than the other) making me able to show my work to different people in different markets (as some ages and customer type may only use one area of social media) but at the same time by using only three allows me to hold back a little so that I have time to develop myself as a designer with a certain constant style therefore when this happens I will be able to send a clear message of my brand identity to the followers I have already obtained and the new clients that will approach my work and then I would feel more ready to go full power with my promotion on social media, then I would both improve and add more social media /online presence as I will be able to clearly showcase my brand identity as a consistent designer and not one that is still trying to find her footing.
Conclusion
In conclusion I have created a online presence as you will see in the following pages, these samples are my original but current profiles but with my development as a designer they will adapt and change to be able to showcase my development and hit my target market directly (something that may also change due to that way in which I am still a developing in my style and individuality as a designer) overall I feel the use of social media is so important to me to easily display my work due to the wide use of the networks mixed with the way that I am still a student so do not have the backing and finance to really promote my work, making the use of it so important to help me build up a support system as a developing artist so I can gain peoples interests and comments to aid me direct my work and therefore be as successful as possible in this competitive industry as they are able to express their likes and desires to me leading me on the right path needed to make myself saleable and the most current I can be with my style of work and speciality.



No comments:
Post a Comment