Friday, 11 December 2015

shop analysis continues (Selfridges) Roberto Cavalli

How do I identify with Roberto Cavalli

Also while visiting Selfridges I looked at another designer that I identify with, therefore the second of the designers I immediately thought of was Roberto Cavalli due to a variety of different reasons as also listed below:
·         Use of florals and natural influences – Roberto Cavalli is one of the designers I always love to look at due to his use of imagery and textures taken from nature and place within his printed garment designs.  The way that he mixes his florals with animal print created this very wild feeling to his pieces while showcasing all the beauty seen within the natural environment. I have an infinity with this designer due to the use of the florals within his pieces, for me my inspiration comes from looking at the natural environment around me and the beauty you see within it,  this results in my designs being very flower based making Roberto Cavalli one of the designers that I can relate too well.

·         Placement prints – I absolutely love the placement of the prints on all of Robero Cavallis garments from the amazing flowing catwalk dresses to the everyday trousers his range sells. The placement of their prints is really inspiring to me as it makes me think about the way in which I can place and use my designs in different ways to send different messages and make the garments more desirable (for example  by placing the design in the middle panel of the dress or only down the sides can make the garment let’s say a dress more flattering and therefore desirable to women that are more self conscious of their curves/figures or want to exaggerate their body shape making it one of the most important thing to consider when creating a print) to me I identify with their use of placement prints due to the way that I always like to use the idea of placing my imagery to have the greatest effect. Being a bigger size myself I always look and are conscious of finding clothing that are more flattering to my figure so design taking this into consideration in all my work so the use of placement design is key in my own style just as much as Robertos Cavalli values it. I also like the way that the use of placement designs give a more designer quality to it due to the way that you know it takes more time and effort to create and is more expensive to produce (as there is more wastage in its production) so adds to this desire for the product which is something I really want to include in my own work making the placement print so important to me personally in my design as no matter what size you are you always want to look desirable and pretty.
·         Focus on printed design – like me Roberto Cavalli is very focused on the printed image and therefore it is very easy to link and have an infinity with him due to the way we both love the printed image and design around this. I love the way that you are able to build up a design using both physical and digital methods of print and the textures that you are able to build up using this method, it is really interesting in the way that Cavalli uses digital printing on their silk like materials but still get this very textural depth to their pieces with their mixture of imagery making it a designer to look out for, for future inspiration and knowledge about how to successfully use Digital printed designs for garment creation due to their accomplishments using this sometimes difficult method of printing.
Again these are only a few reasons why I feel that I have an infinity to, and I really love the way they use their designs within their garment construction and the effect it has as the clothes are very plan in shape without the prints so it really showcases the important that the design has to make something look very desirable to the customer, making it a key designer for me to look at to aid me in my own design work.

No comments:

Post a Comment